Deploying WordPress and Database container using AWS -> Network As A Service(NAAS) and Terraform using NAT Gateway.
Perform task-3 with an additional feature to be added that is NAT Gateway to provide the internet access to instances running in the private subnet.
Performing the following steps:
1. Write an Infrastructure as code using terraform, which automatically create a VPC.
2. In that VPC we have to create 2 subnets:
>public subnet [ Accessible for Public World! ]
>private subnet [ Restricted for Public World! ]
3.Create a public facing internet gateway for connect our VPC/Network to the internet world and attach this gateway to our VPC.
4. Create a routing table for Internet gateway so that instance can connect to outside world, update and associate it with public subnet.
5. Create a NAT gateway for connect our VPC/Network to the internet world and attach this gateway to our VPC in the public network
6. Update the routing table of the private subnet, so that to access the internet it uses the NAT gateway created in the public subnet
7. Launch an ec2 instance which has WordPress setup already having the security group allowing port 80 so that our client can connect to our WordPress site. Also attach the key to instance for further login into it.
8. Launch an ec2 instance which has MYSQL setup already with security group allowing port 3306 in private subnet so that our WordPress vm can connect with the same. Also attach the key with the same.
Before the task lets talk about some services which we are going to use :- click here…
# Creating a VPC
# Creating a public subnet
# Creating a private subnet
# Creating an Internet Gateway
# Creating a Routing table and adding a route to enter the public world via an Internet Gateway
# Associating this routing table to subnet1
# Creating a Security group for WordPress instance in the public subnet
# Creating a Security group for MySQL instance in a private subnet
# Launching WordPress instance in the public subnet
# Launching MySQL instance in the private subnet
# Setting up the instances to work with the flow
Now the infrastructure for AWS -> Network As A Service(NAAS) has been successfully created. We are good to check our WordPress webpage using the public IP assigned to us.
That's it, task-4 completed, for any query feel free to contact me on my LinkedIn profile : https://www.linkedin.com/in/mayank-varshney-62744a163
For the terraform code you can refer to my GitHub : https://github.com/mayank-aly/cloud-task-4.git